Introduction to FPC
FPC: flexible printed circuit, which means flexible printed circuit board in Chinese. It is to make conductor circuit pattern by using optical imaging pattern transfer and etching technology on a flexible substrate surface. The surface and inner layers of double-sided and multi-layer circuit boards are electrically connected through metallized holes. The surface of circuit pattern is protected and insulated by PI and adhesive layer.
Mainly divided into single panel, hollowed out board, double-sided board, multi-layer board, hard and soft combination board.
PCB: printed circuit board in English, which means rigid printed circuit board in Chinese.
The video of the whole process of FPC production is attached for your reference.
Characteristics of flexible circuit board
1. Short: the assembly time is short, and all lines are configured to save the connection work of redundant cables;
2. Small: the volume is smaller than PCB (hard board), which can effectively reduce the product volume and increase the convenience of carrying;
3. Light: the weight is lighter than PCB (hard board), which can reduce the weight of the final product;
4. Thin: the thickness is thinner than PCB (hard board), which can improve the flexibility and strengthen the assembly of three-dimensional space in the limited space.
Advantages of flexible circuit board
Flexible printed circuit board (FPCB) is a kind of printed circuit made of flexible insulating substrate, which has many advantages that hard PCB does not have
1. It can be freely bent, wound, folded, arranged according to the space layout requirements, and moved and expanded in three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of component assembly and wire connection;
2. The volume and weight of electronic products can be greatly reduced by using FPC, which is suitable for the development of electronic products in the direction of high density, miniaturization and high reliability. Therefore, FPC has been widely used in aerospace, military, mobile communication, laptop, computer peripherals, PDA, digital camera and other fields or products;
3. FPC also has the advantages of good heat dissipation and solderability, easy assembly and low comprehensive cost, and the combination of soft and hard design also makes up for the slight deficiency of flexible substrate in the bearing capacity of components to a certain extent.
Flexible circuit board
Introduction to FPC